Friday, December 22, 2006

Driving to Kellogg

Are you sure that was the right exit?


Driving here today: The sky was slate or foggy. Low. No glare. A shaft of light broke through and illuminated a dinghy on the Columbia River. The roads were wet, dirty, safe. The lumpy hills in Washington across the Columbia River were not purple, but lime green, covered with young vegetation. As the mountains flattened into the rolling hills of the Palouse, lightly covered by snow, layered by fog, my heart began to race. I love the lay of this land. I left Eugene at 6 a.m. I arrived at 4:30 p.m. I'm ready to sleep. The blog world is quiet. It's almost a silent night at Huckleberries and 2Blowhards. Learning the Argenitine Tango might be done until 2007. Student of Life has been quiet. So has her husband, Rapid Eye Reality. No email today. I'm hoping to write more after some restorative sleep. More about Kellogg.

And being here.

1 comment:

Student of Life said...

We hope you have a wonderful holiday with your family in the place where you feel most at home.