Thursday, December 28, 2006

Three Beautiful Things 12/28/06: Mr. T, Mike Tyson, My Maria

1. Coming home from watching "Rocky Balboa" and finding a website with Mr. T. soundbites and listening to Clubber Lang. Bonus: Finding a Clubber Lang montage at YouTube.com.

2. I nearly came out of my seat when "Rocky Balboa" champion boxer Mason Dixon espied Mike Tyson at ringside. I'd thought the movie was pretty fun up to that point, but then it turned into high stakes camp! I spontaneously and joyfully yelled out, at the sight of Tyson, a Dick Enberg-styled, "Oh my!".

3. On the spur of a moment today, I downloaded Brooks and Dunn singing "My Maria" and found a video of them singing it live. That song knocks me out. By the way, I also listened to the original B.W. Stevenson version. Top shelf!

No comments: