Thursday, December 21, 2006

Three Beautiful Things 121/21/06: Jesus, Amendment, "Eve"

1. Talking with a woman at the Internal Revenue Service and having her perk up when: 1. She saw that today is the Deke's birthday; 2. saw that mine is in six days; 3. heard that the Deke and I have our wedding anniversary on the 24th; and 4. was able to say "it's the reason for the season when I said, "And, oh yeah, Jesus' birthday is in there, too." If we violated the separation of religion and taxes, we did it in a convivial fashion, with hearty laughter.

2. Finding out three phone calls and ninety minutes later that the snafu which seemed to be costing us about fifteen hundred dollars can be straightened out with an amended return.

3. Listening to The Alan Parsons Project concept album "Eve" and remembering how, twenty-five years ago, its angry songs about women gave me a source of feelings outside of myself to work out my own disillusionment and bitterness about the divorce from my first wife I was going through.

No comments: