Friday, December 15, 2006

Three Beautiful Things 12/15/06: Old Friend, New Jazz, Old Jazz

1. Running into Gladstone resident Nancy Turner, wife of my life-long friend, Terry Turner, at Safeway. It was disorienting at first to see her in Eugene; then we had a good conversaton. BTW, before marrying Terry and moving to Gladstone, my friends and I referred to Nancy as Nancy Norton from Nampa. Witty bunch, we were.

2. I succeeded in uploading my slide show "Lane Community College at Night" onto youtube.com.
It merges my first themed effort with a digital camera, my first effort with Windows Movie Maker, and my first upload to YouTube. I feel like a kid again! Lulu.com, here I come!

3. I walked into my darkened office where I keep XM Radio's Channel 70 (Real Jazz) on nearly all the time, and my Springer Spaniel, Snug, was lying on my bed, as if in a trance, as if he were in a Bee-Bop, Beatnik groove. I half expected him to recite the opening of "On the Road".

No comments: