Monday, December 18, 2006

Three Beautiful Things 12/18/2006: Woot!, Not PO'd at the PO, Kenton

1. In an email exchange with one of my former students, I picked up a new exclamation of joy: "Woot!" Until last night, at Othello rehearsal, when I handed Kellee a stage mug for stage beer, and she said, "Woot!", this exclamation had only been a virtual expression. I giggled and thanked Kellee for being the first person in my life to ever actually say, "Woot!" Woot!

2. Standing in line for about twenty minutes or so at the Post Office and watching customer after customer wait patiently and be served in a friendly and patient manner. Eric, the clerk I went to, wore fatigue on his face, but wished me a good day with sincerity and warmth.

3. Kenton Bird, my lifelong friend from Kellogg, has discovered my blog and reminded me of a time he and James, his quiet brother, came to our house for a Christmas smash and Dad referred to the reserved James as Kenton's "mouthy brother". My guess is that at some point in the evening, Dad also told him, after he hadn't spoken for about twenty minutes, "Hey! James! Shut up!" That was his way.

1 comment:

Dubya said...

Wow, what a coincidents, jus' the other day when I signed that treaty with India an' Condi shouted out "Woot! Woot!" It's a small world.


BTW: In case ya din't see my comment to Saturday's post, this is the first time yer blog's let me post in over a week. But yer presidint is always readin' on-line blogs, an' he's proud of how you representify this grate nation.