Thursday, December 21, 2006

Tonight's My Christmas Eve

I'm in bed, ready to turn out the light and try to sleep. I'm wound up, though, similar to how I was as a boy on the night before Christmas.

I'm wound up because it's the night before driving to Kellogg.

I'm excited to see my mother and sisters and to see my friends.

I'm excited for my birthday party next Wednesday night. My sister, Carol, is hosting it and is working on getting friends of mine from the KHS class of '72 to come.

I'm excited to play poker with friends. I'm excited to go to Worley and play some slots and bemoan my bad luck with my other bad luck friends. We'll enjoy each other's company. It's a great drive from Kellogg to Worley. We can cover a lot of bullshit between the two towns and back again.

I'm excited to go to church and be around the Kellogg-Wallace Episcopalian parishioners and worship with them.

I look forward to the drive.

I look forward, maybe the most of all, to write my first series of Kellogg Bloggin posts in Kellogg itself.

I hope I can sleep tonight.

No comments: