Saturday, January 6, 2007

Peace Out: Our Eugene Neighborhood (Part 3)

I hope you've enjoyed seeing the eateries in our Eugene neighborhood and learning what some of the difficulties and responses to them are around where I live.

Today Snug and I walked the neighborhood and, after being away to Kellogg for a couple of weeks, I was reawakened to how prevalent the desire for and expression of peace is within five minutes of our front door.


For these people, peace, wreaths, and blue creatures are bound together:

Desiring peace is expressed in our neighborhood in English:

Or Italian:

War is opposed by neighbors of mine:

And by fellow teachers:

A troubadour sang peacefully in Monroe Park:

Barefoot, at 45 degrees:


It seemed to be barefoot in the park day at Monroe Park:


I found peace in walking with Snug. This guy looks like he finds the same with his dog. I don't know what he thinks about Jesus:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

#1. it too cold to walk around barefoot.
B. EEeeeewwwww!! It is a nasty public park!!!
I love the neighborhood you live in we visit there often. We love Monroe park!!! Oh yes and laughing planet!!

Unknown said...

WTF!?!?!!!! I think that wreath is perhaps on my old next door neighbor's house. Was it taken on Monroe street right next to the two orange houses? I used to live in that piece of shit garage-made-house. It sucked! The rent was only 450$ though...... Great neighbors in any case! You live close to there? Were we old neighbors? WTF!