Sunday, January 14, 2007

Three Beautiful Things 01/14/07: Laurie, Monk, Outside the Bun

1. My brother-in-law, Paul's, sister, Laurie, wrote me an email that provided another perspective on the wedding reception I wrote about, here. I was touched that she's been reading this blog and that she took the time to let me see that that reception looked different to her than to me. It was a kind and refreshing email.

2. While I was writing earlier this morning, I had half an ear on XM Radio Channel 70 and Wynton Marsalis giving a talk about Thelonius Monk. I didn't stop writing to give the program my full attention, but each time I did listen, my understanding of jazz and of Monk was bountifully increased.

3. I need to be careful about this one: Last year while working on and performing Much Ado About Nothing, I got in the habit of going to Taco Bell after performances for a midnight snack. We have not begun performing, but there I was tonight after rehearsal, ordering a taco and two chalupas and a Diet Pepsi. I could see my waistline increase right before my eyes. Until last year's Much Ado run, I held Taco Bell in disdain. Now it's another guilty pleasure!

1 comment:

JBelle said...

I have never, not one time in my life, eaten at Taco Bell. True!