Monday, January 15, 2007

Three Beautiful Things 01/15/07: Snug Running, Snug Bathing, Laundry

1. After a few months' absence, Snug and I went to the dog park on Crest Drive and I marvelled at how gorgeous Snug is when he runs and how much I love the way he invites other dogs to chase him. I want to write about and explain how it is I love Snug so much, but, for now, words escape me. I do not have words for why my heart stirs when I simply watch Snug run.

2. Snug and I went to Suds Em Yourself after the dog park so I could cleanse him of the mud that gathered all over his underside while at the dog park. Snug was placid and cooperative in the tub. He acted right at home and the looks on his face said to me that he loved his bath.

3. I had a lot of clothes and bedding to launder and I love going to the laundromat when I have a ton to do. I enjoyed how it was as if a bell went off in the neighborhood at about 12:30 p.m when staggering college students began to fill the place, carrying their laundry in back packs, orchard baskets, big cloth tie bags, and in black plastic bags. It was early afternoon and several of these young people looked like their day was just getting under way.

In the picture, Snug sleeps on my newly cleaned laundry.




1 comment:

JBelle said...

There should have been four beautiful things today.


4. A nap.