Sunday, February 4, 2007

Three Beautiful Things 02/04/07:Super Buffalo Wings, Dirty Pretty Things, Peyton Manning

1. Anne and Russell invited me to their house for Super Bowl buffalo wings, homemade pizza, and celery sticks with blue cheese dressing. Anne's wings and pizza were terrific. It's the first wings and pizza Super Bowl party I've ever attended. Three people, lots of hot wings, generous slices of pizza, and cooling celery. I liked the outcome of the game, too.

2. I finished watching the movie "Dirty Pretty Things" and found it deeply moving and beautiful. This was my second viewing. I'd loved the movie before and was even more affected by it this time. It's a harrowing story and a sublime one.

3. I do not have to hear any more reporters on ESPN radio wonder when Peyton Manning will "win the big one".

3 comments:

Katrina said...

I heart Peyton Manning. :)

Anonymous said...

Sunday morning a co-worker asked if I was going to watch the game, to which I said "What game?" she said,"the rose bowl" how fucking stupid we must have sounded to anyone who may have overheard our convo.

Anonymous said...

I watched Dirty Pretty Things about 4 years ago. It's one of those movies that won't let you get up till it's over.