Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Three Beautiful Things: 02/14/07: Scone, Cancer, Meth

1. My morning cinammon scone at Starbucks was fresher than usual and the cinammon taste engulfed my mouth.

2. Janice wrote an exceptional essay about her cancer; her central insight was how the frantic pace of her life rendered her utterly disconnected from her spirit and body.

3. Ellen has just started school after losing her marriage to her husband's meth/crack addiction and wrote beautifully about how she is working with her own anger and the disillusionment her children feel.
Two of her children joined their mother for our conference. I was happy to see the children, in part, because Ellen had emailed me last week to say that her kids love Snug's photoblog (snugdaily.wordpress.com).

3 comments:

JBelle said...

Seriously, is there anything better than a cinnamon scone from Starbucks? They were fabulous in London, too! But nowhere to be found in Italy...

Mommy Dearest said...

I've gotten hooked on the cinnamon swirl coffee cake. But now I have to try the scone. Just what I need -- another reason to go to Starbucks.

Hello from Julia said...

the cinammon is making my mouth water. wow, this was an intense day.