Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Three Beautiful Things 02/20/07: Gums, Goldberg, Taryn Enjoyed Neko

1. My teeth/gums should be a Superfund site, just like Kellogg. It would be the country's smallest Superfund site. I get my teeth cleaned every three months. I enjoy it. Yes. I like how good my mouth feels and I enjoy the sensation of the electric sonar/sonic/laser/whatever it is tool the hygenist uses to clean my teeth.

2. My WR 122 students write a paper exploring the impact of Glenn Gould playing Bach's Goldberg Variations. They read the essay aloud in class. Jack didn't like the impact. He hates Bach. He wrote a series of wonderful similes describing the pain listening to this music put him through. (I think the other students wondered if I was going to come unglued or something. They've never seen me come unglued. I laughed and enjoyed Jack's essay. My enjoyment relaxed the students.)

3. Mommie Dearest/BrodH20 commented that she saw Neko Case live and thought she was beautiful. It's wonderful to find others in the world who enjoy Neko Case. Is there a more lucid, clear voice singing better songs anywhere in the world of recorded music?

1 comment:

Go Figure said...

RP,
When I saw the name Goldberg I lept for joy. Then I read on. Upon further review it became clear that you were not referring to THE Goldberg, the all time all time great WWF wrestler, after all. Oh well. Never mind.