Sunday, February 25, 2007

Three Beautiful Things 02/25/07: Sunshine, Oscar, Virility

1. I watched "Little Miss Sunshine" this afternoon and loved Alan Arkin's performance; I love Alan Arkin in everything he does and when he walks in the kitchen swearing about the chicken I nearly died laughing and teared up with joy, just having him in the movie. (Man crush?)

2. Well. Well. Well. Alan Arkin won the Oscar for Best Supporting Actor. I am very happy. (Man crush?)

3. Finding out that Alan Arkin was nearly turned down for his role in "Little Miss Sunshine" because the directors' feared he was too virile for the role. (Man crush?)




6 comments:

Katrina said...

I love Alan Arkin! For some reason, the role that stands out to me whenever I look at him is that of therapist to the conflicted hitman in Grosse Pointe Blank. His matter-of-factness was a great counterpoint to John Cusack's darkly comical neuroses.

Have a mancrush if you must, but if you send flowers, steer away from roses. Manly men prefer African violets or Gerbera daisies.

Dubya said...

What's all this talk 'bout "man crush"? MAN CRUSH?!? What the heck is that?

I woke up Karl from nappin' on my lap to show him, an' he jus' laughed an' said I oughtn't read such blogs no more. Then he asked me if I wuz ready fer my foot rub.

Student of Life said...

If you're going to have a Man Crush, isn't it more acceptable to have it on a Manly Man, one every man would look at and say, "Now that's a Man's Man!" Hee, Hee. I loved this movie, and I especially loved the Chicken Cursing. That made my day. Just remembering it is making my night!

Anonymous said...

Come on out of that closet Ray!!!

Mommy Dearest said...

I heart Alan Arkin too. but i guess in my case that would be a Grandpa Crush.

myrtle beached whale said...

Turn in your man card, Bill. However, he was great in the original In-Laws with Peter Falk. I will never forget "serpentine! serpentine!"