Monday, February 26, 2007

Three Beautiful Things: 02/26/07: Marmite, Mandy, Man Crush


1. Tamar, my writing student from England, explained to me what marmite is. I now understand English blogg(bb)er marmitetoasty's nickname.

2. Mandy was in our division office trying to figure out her spring schedule and I came out from the back, thinking I was just going to the men's room and I stopped to visit with her and before we knew it, she was enrolling in the team-taught course Margaret and give in the spring in research writing and working class literature. The two classes fit her needs perfectly, she's had both of us as teachers before, and she left the office beaming after coming in in something like despair. (Added funny note: she had skipped my class earlier in the day. She was nervous about seeing me. Class had only been over for about 45 minutes and I had already forgotten she hadn't been there!)

3. I found out today that among women bloggers in their late twenties and early thirties, Alan Arkin is quite popular. Mommy Dearest, Katrina, Therese, and Student of Life were all kind enough to affirm, each in their own way, my man crush on Arkin!

1 comment:

Mommy Dearest said...

I used to absolutely love Sean Connery and he was the sexiest older man in my book. But Alan Arkin has knocked him down to No.2.