Friday, March 2, 2007

Live Blog: Marmite Tasting

7:20 Before I make my next move here in the kitchen to prepare my English muffin to spread the savory Marmite goo on it, I'd like to say that I once had aspirations of being a regular traveller to England. I studied in England in 1975, travelled there for three months in 1979, and returned in December of 1986, and left shortly after the New Year, 1987.

My life has taken a different direction.

Wait. The tea water is boiling hard. I'm going to make a cuppa.

7:25 I will be drinking Tetly British Blend tea with my Marmite toast. I drink my tea with 2% milk. I find cream or half and half to be too rich.

My life has taken a different direction. My work does not afford me sufficient salary to help two step kids go to college (or, at least, live pre career lives), support a wife who teaches private music lessons out of the home, was a church children's choir director, and is now a graduate student at Pacific University (doesn't make much money yet!), and take care of the other financial demands of our family and be a traveller to England.

Now I am a happy traveller to Kellogg.

This is to say that in my travels to England, I never tried, or really knew about, Marmite.

The bread is toasted. The tea is brewed. Stay tuned.

No comments: