Friday, March 2, 2007

Three Beautiful Things 03/02/07: Fatherless, LCC Reunion, Marmite

1. I helped Jason with his essay. The essay explored his emotional repression and how his emotional make-up was defined by growing up fatherless: his mother falsely accused Jason's father of abuse and Jason learned about the lies later in life. His emotional detachment left him unable to mourn the death of his brother and unable to openly express his love for a girlfriend he cherished.

2. How long has it been since I've seen Karrina? I ran into her at LCC today and she came to my office and told me about her new engagement and about her successes at the University of Oregon.

3. I loved my first Marmite on toast and enjoyed writing my live blog. I was not in the least discouraged that no one came to my blog while I was blogging live. My enjoyment of blogging is unrelated to ratings!

8 comments:

Student of Life said...

I just caught up on a week of blog reading. I'm very sorry to hear about your losses this week. What an emotional journey. You did a beautiful job respectfully contrasting the ways two different cultures honor the dead. It was very touching. On a completely different note: the marmite thread was hysterical! I wish I had been "around" for the whole thing.

Mommy Dearest said...

Well, that settles it. I'm bringing my toaster and a loaf of bread to work Tuesday (I'm off Monday)and we'll all have to try marmite the proper way. BTW, if I had known about the live blog, I would have totally been there.

Christy Woolum said...

Would Marmite be a good food choice for our James Taylor reunion night? We could change the lyrics of "Sweet Potato Pie" to "Marmite and Toast Try". Did Snug get to try it? It is probably an English tradition with all Springers. I will feed it to Annie and Vegemite to Shelby and see what they think. Great post.

Carol Woolum Roberts said...

Please RaymondPert, don't have an anxiety attack. Your blog is fine the way it is...it is an inspiration...you are why I blog today...JUST CALM DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S. The Princess, though, is a bit disturbed by your blog. She said she finds it very angry and chaotic, and just tried cramming some Marmite down her sister Z2's throat.

Anonymous said...

Excuse me Silver Valley Girl.
You just told a lie.
I have never been in possesion of Marmite. I tried CHOKING Z2 and she then licked my arm.
I then told SILVER VALLEY GIRL that she must be on marijuana and ecstasy for not seeing the rage and anger in your blog. LOOK AT THOSE ANGRY COLORS. ONLY ANGRY PEOPLE USE GEORGIA FONT.
Now I know that my uncle is an angry person and my mother is a liar.
thank you blogspot.com
-Princess

JBelle said...

Dude, Perambulator live blogged a cooking thing, too. Back when he first moved to London. Went over ...about the same. btw, I was in bed with coffee doing the WSU crossword from yesterday with the NYT crossword (today) warming up at the end of the bed. You understand, right?

raymond pert said...

Yes, I understand.

Next time I live blog, I think I'll see if I can get George Maupin to mention it in his weather report...maybe see if he can do a weather remote from Eugene and help plug the next big moment...I'll have to figure out what that moment will be...what will the next new frontier be....what with the land of Marmite entered?

JBelle said...

I'm holding my breath,