Sunday, March 4, 2007

Three Beautiful Things 03/04/07: Sweet 21, Ah Youth!, Nostalgic Dreams

1. Molly turns 21 tomorrow and we had a party for her tonight. I marvelled at how poised and funny and grateful and free and generous Molly has grown to be; when the Deke and I began our road to marriage, Molly was 11 years old. A lot happens between 11 and 21.

2. Chris and Melissa, whom I haven't seen for months, attended Molly's party and it was delightful to be in the company of their fresh, young goodness and mirthful spirit.

3. I had vivid dreams last night about a great friend of mine whom I haven't seen for almost ten years since she married and has had two new children. The dream brought back memories of how much we used to enjoy each other and all the fun we had. I hope we'll see each other again one day.

No comments: