Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Three Beautiful Things 03/07/07: More Grace, Crayons, Dang

1. I arrived at Lane Community College about 8:30 this morning. I set down my laptop in a chair at a study table across from my Intro to Poetry classroom. I unlocked the classroom's doors. I went to my office, without the laptop. I taught until ten. I scooted to my 10 o'clock class in another building. I finished class. I returned to my office. Eric came by. We talked. My office hour ended and I prepared to go to the Tutoring Center to meet Asuki for an appointment. I went to pick up my computer. It wasn't in my office. It was gone. I went to my poetry classroom. I went to my composition classroom. I called the Deke. I went to the parking lot, looked in my car. I remembered that I had unlocked the classroom. I went back to the classroom. I looked around at the study table. There on the chair was my laptop, where I had left it, four and a half hours earlier.

Mercy.

2. My composition students made pictorial representations of how "it's all connected" in Kim Barnes' book In the Wilderness and did beautiful work bringing the book alive in their imaginative projects.

3. DanG of HBO has me believing I can, once and for all, make elementary aspects of HTML work. I am very grateful for his lucid work and generous offer of it.

1 comment:

Christy Woolum said...

Those laptops of ours...mine on top of the camping stuff in the garage... yours by your classroom door. I think we need tracking devices soon or we'll find them on Ebay for a bargain. Yikes!