Saturday, March 17, 2007

Three Beautiful Things 03/17/07: ACT-SO, piano aria, Grace Laughs

1. The NAACP has a youth Olympics of the Mind program called ACT-SO. I have served as a judge for poetry and essays for about ten years. Today Macque's reading of her silver medal winning poem stirred me, as did listening to her explain what she hoped her poem's impact was.

2. Siv became Portia tonight in her Merchant of Venice scene. It would have been better had her aria been a bit more forte rather than piano, but it was her first outing acting and first outings seem to always bring out the piano in new actors.

3. Grace attended tonight's Shakespeare Showcase. I hadn't seen her since the last time I noted running into her in a January 3BT's. She's really fun and we laughed and laughed before the Showcase began, especially as I made light of my need for anti-depressants.

No comments: