Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Three Beautiful Things 06/25/07: Blog Fame, Taxonomy, Book Club

1. InlandEmpireGirl's summer reading list was mentioned and linked at Rebecca's Pocket, here.

2. The names of a couple of neighborhood flowers stumped me and Victoria came through and I completed by blog post, here, and the rose campions and Jupiter's Beard are identified!

3. The Huckleberries Online blog has started a book club. Our first book will be "Water for Elephants" by Sara Gruen. Huckleberries is here, the book, here.

2 comments:

Christy Woolum said...

I am glad we are reading Water for Elephants. I had avoided it because I thought it may be hard to read if it talks about animal abuse. From the reviews I have read that is not the focus. I am doing a summer reading challenge for myself and it is second on the list. Thanks for the link to Rebecca's Pocket. I spent more time there. It is an excellent resourse web site.

JBelle said...

I don't grow it, whatever it is. Too many real roses. :) And Water For Elephants is my book; I read it this spring with my book club here in The 'Kan. It was a beautiful, beautiful book. And it is riveting with much of what goes on with the animals. You'll get no more from me! Except that tomorrow I will post my favorite passage. sigh. It's gorgeous.