Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Three Beautiful Things 06/12/07 : No No, Hiram, Corgi

1. Justin Verlander no-hit the Brewers. The last Tiger ace to spin a no-no was Jack Morris, 1984. By the way, if you have a Hall of Fame vote, Morris belongs in the Hall of Fame.

2. Hiram arrived. Molly's Miami/Cincinnati boyfriend is now a member of our household until August. He made a good first impression on me. I wasn't in Eugene when he visited before.

3. I didn't know that Eric and Ann have a fluffy Corgi. They were on campus today to look at the sculptures on campus, I ran into them, and I met their wonderful looking dog. I'll bet they saw this sculpture, which I took another handful of photographs of on Sunday:



4 comments:

Pinehurst in my Dreams said...

I never noticed last time you posted his pic - but does that boy have a tree growing out of his head??

Dubya said...

Whoa, I had a dream like that once when I was a kid. A tree was growed out of my head. I tol' my daddy 'bout it an' asked him what it meant. Now what'd he say? I think he said somethin' like that I had a fertile imaginification . . . er, wait . . . no. That's not it.

Oh, I remembers now. He said it probly meant my head was full of manure.

Jennifer said...

American schools are so different, their campuses are beautiful and cultured. We don't have anything like that in Canada, not that I'm aware of anyway.
You didn't sunday scribblings this week? did you see the new blogging that's thursday thirteen? That's pretty neat.

MarmiteToasty said...

LOL@dubya - Im not sure if that twig is a part of the sculpture or if its an uncut sampling LOL....

I love that sculpture of the boy on the chair.....

x