Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Hot Dog Title Back Home


I eat a couple of hot dogs and I feel bloated.

Not San Jose's Joey Chestnut. Dude hoovered sixty-six tube steaks in twelve minutes, a world record.

Reigning champ Takeru Kobayashi could only cram down sixty-three.

It's a day Americans can be proud of this July 4th. Chestut said it best, holding an American flag in his arms:

"This title's been held by Kobayashi for six years, so it's about time it came home. I knew going into this contest that Kobayashi was going to give 100 percent."

I've got the July 4th spirit now.

3 comments:

JBelle said...

Did you see it? The Japanese guy actually started tossing his cookies so they had to recall 3 of his hot dogs. You do realize they award The Mustard Belt to the champ, right?

BB and JM went to this spectacular last year.

raymond pert said...

I didn't see it. I pounced on the news at ESPN.com.

Yes, I knew about Kobayashi hurling and knew they award the winner The Mustard Belt.

I did not know that BB and JM took it in last year.

I have never, to my knowledge, been two virtual degrees separated from an audience member before.

What a world we live in!

Pinehurst in my Dreams said...

I have nausea. . . Burb. . .