Monday, July 30, 2007

Three Beautiful Things 07/30/07:Raymond Pringle, "Heavy Metal", Taking the Camera Off Automatic

1. An earlier commenter, using the pseudonym Raymond Pringle, identified himself to me today and I hope I'll be able to get together this summer with Jon Etherton for a cup of coffee. We appeared in the KHS production of "Kiss and Tell" together. He played Raymond Pringle.

2. At 2 a.m. I finished my viewing of the documentary, "Heavy Metal", a look at the metal pollution in the Silver Valley. It's a compelling story. Many of the interviews were good. I found the script, the visual style, and the soundtrack of the film overwrought. I thought it hyped a serious subject that doesn't need the hype of a melodramatic voice over, flashy visual effects, or a heavy handed music soundtrack.

3. I'm starting to mess around with manual settings on my digital camera. My subject today was Snug.






1 comment:

Christy Woolum said...

I love the combinations of browns in the last picture. Snug is so photogentic.