Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Three Beautiful Things 07/17/07: Melodrama, Scandal, Penelope

1. An emergency developed at the Sixth Street Melodrama and it was inspiring to see Silver Valley Girl and PKR deal with it so calmly and professionally.

2. I watched "Notes on a Scandal" this afternoon. Have I ever mentioned that I love Cate Blanchett? How about Judi Dench? Watching them work together is heavenly. The movie is disturbing. It'll be with me for a while, much like it's difficult to let go of "Othello". Judi Dench plays a predatory, lonely, single older school teacher who preys upon younger women for companionship and to fulfill fantasies she has of having them as her own. The character is pathologically devious and, more frightening, very intelligent. She's a kind of Iago.

3. My laptop is repaired and on its way back to Kellogg. I will continue to weave like Penelope until its return.

2 comments:

Hope said...

Ah! Truth be known! Your vacant finger tips do desire her keys alone. She is missed. How deep is the day’s loss felt?

Anonymous said...

Dude, you've always got to be wary of those lonely, single older school teachers!