Friday, July 20, 2007

Two x Three Beautiful Things 07/18,19/07: Laptop Back, Tigers, Fires, Mowed Lawn, Fashion, Floating

1. I'm writing this post on my own laptop. It's back and repaired!

2. Tigers sweep Twins and win each game by one run.

3. I've finished Pyne's book "The Great Fires of 1910": it's a terrific examination of bureaucracy, the nature of fire, and the difficulties of fire/forest management. I think I'll be writing more about this in a longer post.

4. Mom's lawn's mowed. It's being unmowed started to take on a kind of Israeli/Gaza Strip importance.

5. Mom bought me two new shirts and two new pairs of pants. I can never get old enough to appreciate a gift from Mom, especially when it come out of the blue!

6. Scott called and we joked about all the things we should do on the river tomorrow when we float: carry bottles, throw them ashore and bust them where little kids are playing, draw as much attention to ourselves as possible, get in a bar brawl, etc. We were making fun of the floaters who have been arrested over the last couple of weekends. The Sheriff's office has had emphasis patrol up the river to try to quiet down the trouble. We'll float today and not cause trouble. We are too old and too wily for trouble.

1 comment:

Christy Woolum said...

RP: Thanks for taking over the peace process at 516 W. Cameron by mowing the lawn. My do you wear many hats. Have a fun week-end.