Saturday, August 18, 2007

Three Beautiful Things 08/18/07: Touring the West Silver Valley, Unusual Salsa, Shopping Cart Moment

1. After last Sunday's Shoshone County Pioneers and Oldtimers Association meeting, a trolley ride was available to tour the west Silver Valley. Mom and I didn't go. Instead, Mom, InlandEmpireGirl and I went on our own "trolley" ride today in InlandEmpireGirl's much more comfortable SUV. We toured the new housing projects in Page. We toured Fairway Heights and went as far as the Pine Creek Tavern in Pine Creek. We toured south Kellogg and Wardner. Mom told stories. We tried to remember who lives where. We gawked and admired the new developments all around us in our home valley.

2. Silver Valley Girl concocted a tasty pineapple salsa and coated bbq'ed pork chops with it and had more available at the dinner table. Beautiful, indeed.

3. I leaned on a woman's empty shopping cart at Wal-Mart, thinking it was Mom's. The woman apologized for leaving it in my way. I told her she was lucky. I was going to take off with it. She laughed and pointed out the shopping carts were only a few feet away, pointing at the rows of empty carts. I told her I guessed I could walk all that way to get one and we laughed and laughed at our silly encounter.

1 comment:

Pinehurst in my Dreams said...

Page "housing projects" - don't let the natives hear you call those $300,000 homes "projects". . .

Got a kick out of that and the near stealth of the shopping cart. . .the lady must have thought you were a hoot. (She probably checked your ring finger to see if you were available. . .maybe, not.)