Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Three Beautiful Things 08/22/07: Friends, Climbing Higher, Contentment

1. The most beautiful thing by far today happened with Snug and InlandEmpireGirl's dogs, Shelby and Annie. The three are finding each other companionable. The home dogs were a wary of Snug coming into their home and on to their grounds yesterday, but today the dogs relaxed. If you'd like to pursue this development, go here for pictures.

2. The drive north from the intersection of Highway 395 and Highway 20 begins a climb into the foothills of the Selkirk Mountains, and provides gorgeous views of Lake Roosevelt. As the climb plateaus, the land gives way to ranches, grazing areas, horses, and other livestock. Across the lake, the Selkirk Mountains begin to take the shape that becomes so spectacular as you travel into Canada and east on into North Idaho. I only drove about sixteen miles of this highway today and the drive helped me clear my mind and think about matters that lie in my future.

3. InlandEmpireGirl's garden provides more seating opportunities per square foot than in any place I've ever been. This evening, in the shade of her garden's variety of trees and flowering bushes and in the coolness of dusk, I cannot imagine a more comfortable, relaxing place to relax, contemplate, and enjoy the dogs than where I was today.

2 comments:

Shelby said...

I so want a garden like that.. very good thing.. :)

Pinehurst in my Dreams said...

Sounds like your day was meditative and wonderful!