Saturday, October 6, 2007

Three Beautiful Things: 10/05/07: Handout Snafu, Third Person, Curvy

1. I thought I'd passed out a handout to my Friday morning WR 121 class on Wednesday. I didn't. We needed it. I needed a flash drive to download it from my laptop. Bill had one. I had to go to the main office to print the file and Xerox it. This ate up class time. The students waited patiently. They thanked me. How perfectly gracious of them. I am loving this class of students more each day.

2. In WR 121, after the class saw that their first essay is asking them to work with loss or survival or reconciliation in some deeply personal ways, my student Bill made a profound recommendation: might some students prefer to write about these things in the third person. I nearly fell on my knees in gratitude for his most sensitive and insightful idea.

3. I posted my Photo Hunt offering this week on the topic "Curvy". Almost right away I began to receive comments of appreciation for the photograph. These comments have been most gratifying.

No comments: