Saturday, October 6, 2007

Three Beautiful Things: 10/06/07: Coffee, Cardinal, Curious

1. I hadn't seen Kelly since Nichole hosted a Fat Cat yard party in June and good luck had Kelly selling stuff at a yard sale in the neighborhood today and so we grabbed a cup of coffee this afternoon.

2. Unbelievable. I mean really unbelievable. Lowly Stanford scored a touchdown with under a minute to play and knocked off the mighty Trojans of USC.

3. Walking in the neighborhood with Snug is not really taking a steady walk at all as the smells rising up from tree roots, vegetation, and past dogs on walks excites him and we take a break ever five yards or so so he can smell the next odor that has captured his attention.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't you realize that dogs have important things to do when they're out on walks? We check our email....They check their peemail! :) Are comments like these why you call me Delta Dawn???

Anonymous said...

I've got a dog that doesn't walk on a leash as much as meander, because he is distracted by EVERYTHING!

Desert Diva said...

Who am I kidding? My dog Cali actually walks me!

Loved your comment about the Blessing of the Animals...

JBelle said...

Believe it or don't, the Huskies almost knocked them off last week. But because SC is quite adept at winning lately, they did what they usually do when the game threatens to go south: they just hunker down and win. I am so happy for Stanford! I was watching and then turned it off. sigh.

Christy Woolum said...

I think fall brings out new and different smells that our dog friends can't resist!