Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Three Beautiful Things 10/29/07: Fast Lane, New Baby, Grading

1. I enjoyed meeting with other faculty in the Fast Lane program, where we all share a group of students over three classes, and finding out more about what the other faculty are doing in their classes. These are dedicated instructors who care deeply about each and every one of our students.

2. Anne is pretty worn out and immobilized by her C-section, but Aloysius is off to a good start in this world and it sounds like Russell and Anne have a lot of solid support from their many friends.

3. I have about seventy students in WR 121 over three sections and when they hand in papers it's a formidable task to read their work, comment on it in some detail, and grade them. Tonight I finished a set of papers that have kept me busy for the last week and it just felt good to have them done. Of course, another whole new set awaiting my attention. I'll get to them tomorrow!

No comments: