Saturday, February 2, 2008

Three Beautiful Things 02/01/08: Solver, Fifty Years!?!, Pilfering Pinot Noir

1. Hey! All of you out there! How's it feel to have the world's problems solved? You can thank me and Michael. We sat down for an hour over coffee this afternoon in the Lane Community College cafeteria and solved them. You are welcome.

2. Wucky, also known as Myrtle Beach Ramblings (his blog is here), figured out a sobering fact today: he has known me longer, nearly fifty years, than any other living person he is in touch with in his life. I hate to sound easily amazed, but I just had never thought much about my life reaching a point where I would would have friendships spanning nearly fifty years. Holy.

3. I snuck a couple of glasses of dirt cheap Pinot Noir from Deke's jug. I love cheap red wine. Cheap red wine tastes extra good listening to Neil Diamond. Next time.

4 comments:

Faith said...

I like cheap red wine also. The screw top kind. I had a few glasses the other night. Tonight, however, as Creed played on the car stereo a little too loudly, I had this amazing overwhelming urge for a Jack on the rocks and a cigarette. It's been a loooooong time since those urges came over me...at least the cigarette one. I think it was stirred by the 90's music. What a decade!

There was no convenient stop for the Jack, and I didn't want to do the cigarette thing (don't want the stink in my house and too cold and lonely to sit outside with it). I knew the Jack just wouldn't be right without the smoke.

So I came home and finished off the cheap red wine. *sigh*

Anonymous said...

Get your own cheap red wine. FYI, I've gone up from 3.99 to 8 or 9.

Get used to it.

raymond pert said...

Shit. If I have to get my own, I have to admit, I'm drinking it.

The eight buck shit's pretty good, too.

I am used to it.

Good night.

raymond pert said...

Take the comma out after "admit" above.

In anal retention.
rp