Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Three Beautiful Things 02/04/08: Bye Bye Bobby, Blood, It's Official!

1. I only bring up the fact that this is my 796th post as a way of saying I'm 106 posts shy of Bob Knight's number of victories as a basketball coach. Knight won't stockpile any more wins: he resigned today. I heard the news and threw Snug across the living room and went next door and choked Tyler in honor of "The General".

2. I really enjoyed helping my World Literature students discuss The Odyssey in terms of the four elements: earth, wind, fire, and water. Then we looked at how these elements are combined in blood, the governing reality of the whole book, as far as I'm concerned.

3. My wife, Debbie, The Deke, is officially a licensed public school teacher in the state of Oregon and on tomorrow, Tuesday, February 5th, she starts her new library job at Edison Elementary school and will soon be on the district's substitute list. I've already booked a flight for Myrtle Beach to see Wucky (I wish). We'll be rolling in cash ;).

3 comments:

myrtle beached whale said...

Bobby Knight was certainly volatile and I don't think I would want my son playing for him but he did graduate 98% of his players, which no other coach even comes close to. And for most players that do not go first round into the NBA, isn't that the purpose for playing. It should be.
Let me know when you are on your way and I will clean out the storage room which my guest bedroom has become.
By the way, Simon and Dylan are not a good matchup. I voted Simon. But neither are in my top 10. Lets put the Boss up against Kris Kristofferson, Jim Steinman, Lennon/McCartney (do we have to break them up), Elton John/Bernie Taupin (may have to pour water on them to break them up), Jagger/Richards, Neil Young, Pete Townshend, Carol Bayer Sager, Burt Bacharach, and Harry Chapin. Those are just off the top of my head.

Carol Woolum Roberts said...

Congrats to The Deke on becoming a licensed public school teacher. Send her my best, and everyone here at 7 Diamond congratulates here and send their love.

Anonymous said...

Way to go, Debbie!
Btw, I had two Babes with Axes at my Library within a four day period. Not many can say THAT!

:)

The other Debbie