Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Three Beautiful Things 02/10-12/08: Days Grow, Pictures and Links, Vitality in Writing

1. The days are getting longer, the light in the morning comes earlier, and I feel much less confined by darkness.

2. It was fun to find all kinds of new pictures and other links to augment the possibilities for my students to learn more about Glenn Gould and the mysteries of Mt. Everest.

3. I felt passion making my inward muscles tremble as I tried to help my students understand the power of specific details and the importance of placing an essay in a particular time frame and in particular places.

3 comments:

MarmiteToasty said...

I love it now the days here are getting longer, no more getting up in total darkness to start me working day.... no more feeling like a pit pony that starts and ends its day in darkness...... the days here are warm and sunny as if its spring..... I know it cant last, but making the most of it whilst its here.....

x

raymond pert said...

Marmite: The two saddest words in our lovely English language: "pit pony".

Oh, how very painful to feel like a pit pony, but how even more sad to be one.

Don't you think?

MarmiteToasty said...

yeah you're right.... and... Im old enough to remember 'pit pony' footageon the telly, it would bring me to tears.......

But, as of late..... its been a great descriptive few words for how I feel lately......

x