Friday, February 15, 2008

Three Beautiful Things 02/14/08: Themes, Schemes and Dreams, Gratitude, Ducks Win!

1. I have grown to love Bob Dylan's Theme Time Radio Hour on XM Radio, here. Today I discovered this blog where each episode of the show is available for download and I've begun making cd's for me and Jeff of as many episodes as I want to. I was so happy to discover this blog and its fruits, I nearly cried.

2. One of my favorite students, a woman returning to college in her 40s, wrote me Valentine's Day card thanking me for my classroom instruction. She told me that my classes are exactly what she'd always imagined college to be. For me, it's the highest praise I can receive as an instructor.

3. I came home from class tonight and nervously opened espn.com to find out how the Ducks fared against the Washington Huskies, the dreaded, hated Washington Huskies. The Ducks won! Joy! I'm wondering if the Ducks have turned a corner and might finish this season with a flourish (fingers crossed).

2 comments:

MGM said...

The husband has his fingers crossed also.

Christy Woolum said...

Another reason I love Valentine's Day... thank you cards like this one.