Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Three Beautiful Things 02/18/08: Perfect President's Day, Leafless, More Moss

1. Perfect President's Day holiday. At this point in the school quarter, it's really more important that I spend a day with my students' work instead of with my students in person. I spent all day with my students' work, from sunrise to the stars coming out and loved being able to read and enjoy their work without interruption and with some time to let my students' insights and eloquence sink in a bit. Perfect. My students got more for the tuition money today because I had the day off than if we had met in class. Perfect.

2. Late in the afternoon Snug and I took a walk along the river in Skinner's Butte Park. I took some pictures of my favorite sight on a mid-February day in Eugene: leafless trees:





3. More moss, Sissy!



2 comments:

Christy Woolum said...

Again, I love the moss. You have been tagged on my blog today with a meme from JBelle.

Faith said...

The husband and I climbed Skinner's Butte together on our second date. It was the middle of August, and I think one of the hottest days on record for Eugene. Or at least it felt that way. Temps were hitting 100 and over if I remember correctly, which is pretty hot for our there. It was the summer of 1996. We climbed the butte around 9 am in the morning, and then sat at the top sweating in the sun and talking until we couldn't take it anymore.

Glad you enjoyed your holiday!