Friday, February 22, 2008

Three Beautiful Things 02/21/08: Greekish, Rumi, Beaming

1. I fried up some Yukon gold potatoes, threw in some brown rice, grilled a feta and spinach sausage. I put fresh tomato, feta cheese, olive oil, oregano, and Greek spices over the potatoes and rice. I suddenly had a warm Greek potato salad of sorts and I relished it.

2. I played Bill Moyers interviewing Coleman Barks for my Survey of World Lit. students as a way of introducing them to the poetry of Rumi. I sat and hid behind the console at the front of the room where the sound and video controls are because I'm embarrassed that this videotape always pulls tears down my cheeks.

3. The Deke is working regularly as a substitute teacher and today she came home radiating her love of teaching. I don't know if she thinks it's the world's greatest feeling. I do.

2 comments:

Desert Diva said...

The Deke is a true teacher if she can come home and be positive after substitute teaching! I remember my stint subbing long ago before I was offered a contract - it's not easy!

Katrina said...

How cool that the two of you can share the teaching experience now. I'm sure you'll be learning a lot from each other!