Saturday, May 31, 2008

Three Beautiful Things 05/31/08: Albertson's Idol, R and R, Clothesline

1. I was shopping at Albertson's this evening and Lionel Ritchie's "Easy as Sunday Morning" played over the store's sound system. I glanced down the frozen food aisle and a woman in her early twenties in khaki jeans and a work shirt and hair to her waist glided back and forth, dreamily singing with the music.

2. I took the day off today. Spring term is almost over. It's the end of the school year. About this time every year, the mental fatigue sets in. I have a lot of work to do. I'm hoping I'll be fresher to do it tomorrow.

3. With the Lakers and Celtics ready to square off for the NBA championship, I went to YouTube and watched Kevin McHale clothesline Kurt Rambis and watched the overtime period of the Celtics' game four victory over the Lakers. I've got to look for a video of the end of the the fourth quarter. The Celtics were down five with less than a minute to play before they tied it. They did this on the road in the Fabulous Forum. They'd lost game three, 137-104.

Here's the McHale clothesline, third period, game four:

1 comment:

Christy Woolum said...

My students are split between the two teams. BP said the other day, " I'd like to meet your brother.... we could talk lots about the Celtics. Does he ever come and visit?"