Sunday, July 13, 2008

Three Beautiful Things 07/13/08: Power Restored, Friends' Reunion, The Deke Returns to the Silver Valley

1. I learned from InlandEmpireGirl that she and her husband have power again, their tilting plum tree is upright again, and that they are a safe distance from the fires in Ferry and Stevens Counties in Northeast Washington state. If you'd like to read more about the wind, fire, power outages, and how IEG and JEJ dealt with it all, go here, here, and here.

2. As I wrote earlier today, here, my lifelong friends Terry, Roger, Scott, and I ate breakfast at IHOP this morning in Salem. I would do almost anything to live a life where we could get together for coffee and bullshit every week, but I'll have to settle for once or twice a year. Roger's wife, Laura, and son, Nick, joined us and I enjoyed seeing them a lot. I don't think I'd ever met or talked with Nick before.

3. The Deke arrived safely this afternoon in Kellogg to spend a few days at Mom's house. It's been a year since she's visited Kellogg and this was an especially good time to visit because IEG is there until tomorrow.

No comments: