Thursday, July 24, 2008

Three Beautiful Things 07/24/08: Walking Snug, Running Trail Nostalgia, Writing About Movies

1. I think Snug and I are finding our groove in Amazon Park. Our walk today invigorated me and worked off his excess energy. Now I need to figure out if I can go back to taking photographs while I walk him. A while back I stopped taking pictures on our walks out of concern that we kept stopping and going so much and I thought Snug did better to keep walking, not stopping.

2. EE and I were something together. Lovers? In a relationship? Partners? Whatever it was, it came to an end eleven years ago and then a few years later the friendship we attempted disintegrated. EE has a son with Downs Syndrome. He's also autistic. He makes vocal noises unique to him and while I was walking Snug I heard his noises over at the running trail. They startled me. I looked up and there he was out for a walk/run with young man. I really enjoyed seeing him and watching him walk for a ways and then be ready to tear down the trail, the young man always holding his hand. The guy was taking good care of him.

3. I've trying to get rolling with my plan to write about movies I've been watching and finally got started today writing about longing and about "Tadpole". I started a piece on Jennifer Jason Leigh. I'll get back to it tomorrow. Her genius is difficult to articulate. It's so copious.

1 comment:

Christy Woolum said...

I agree with the dog/photo issue. I have decided I can't get many shots because the dogs stir stuff up. We came home from camping to do some watering, but will head back in an hour or so. We decided we may need to take that walk along Sherman Creek this time without to dogs so we can really concentrate on photo shooting. We'll see what we can take today. We've had fun learning about our cameras. JEJ's little Nikon I got him on clearance has many cool features mine doesn't have.