Monday, July 28, 2008

What a Fantastic Sentence!

I just read this sentence about the upcoming movie "Synecdoche, New York ". Look who's in it! It's a dream come true for a guy like me who loves middle aged (or thereabouts) women in movies:

Jennifer Jason Leigh will next appear in Charlie (Adaptation) Kauffman's directorial debut Synecdoche, New York. Phillip Seymour Hoffman stars as a playwright but the true draw for some viewers might just be the delicious actress smorgasbord layed out to devour: Jennifer Jason Leigh, Catherine Keener, Samantha Morton, Emily Watson, Hope Davis, Michelle Williams and Dianne Weist. The movie can't arrive soon enough even if Jennifer Jason Leigh's first Oscar nomination continues to take its sweet time coming.

Okay. Michelle Williams is in her twenties and Samanta Morton is only thirty-one, but both are superb actors.

I love Hope Davis. I didn't mention her in earlier posts about favorite actors. I went on a Hope Davis tear about two years ago and loved her work.

And Emily Watson. Superb.

I love Catherine Keener and it's been a while since I've watched Dianne Wiest.

Jennifer Jason Leigh, of course, rules.

I can hardly wait for this movie.

No comments: