Saturday, November 8, 2008

Three Beautiful Things 11/08/08: They Laugh, XM Success, Rain Energy



People they laugh when they hear you're from my town
They say it's a sour and used up all place
I defended its honor, shrugged off the put downs
You know that you're poor, from Tacoma


1. This Neko Case song popped into my mind this evening while I was conemplating my racial identity. I've always listened to almost the entire song as being about Kellogg -- "People laugh when they hear you're from this town"... I hope you'll take a few minutes and listen Neko Case singing it on You Tube.

2. I love my small brushes with materialism and its pleasures. Today I had an XM Satellite radio installed in my Honda, and after some trouble shooting on line, with a robot customer service machine at 1-800-XM Radio, finally at 8:10 this evening my Honda Civic is now tricked out with satellite radio.

3. I know it's miserable and bone chilling, but the rain gives me energy. I've been energized all day and much of the day was sopping cold.

No comments: