Friday, May 8, 2009

Three Beautiful Things 05/08/09: Dr. Boredom II, Mr. 1492 at Riverbend, Cars Comin' Around the Bend

Click image for a larger view

1. No drama. No stern warnings. No dark prognosis. I visited my kidney doctor today and, with in the framework of my chronic kidney disease and within the framework of having 30% kidney function, the news was good. My kidneys, in their crappy condition, are stable and have been for several years. The doctor saw no need for immediate concern.

2. I wish I could say that I love going to new medical campuses and that I love finding my way around in a large medical facility I've never been to before; I wish I could say that going to a new medical facility is an opportunity, a challenge, a chance to open up my world wider and deeper and to expand my horizons. When it comes to medical facilities, I'm happy with my horizons as they are. Nonetheless, I managed a) to find Riverbend Medical Monstrosity b) make my way around the campus sufficiently to park, find my way to the correct building, and find the right suite housing Nephrology Associates and c) not make an late middle-aged, resistant to change ass out of myself by wandering like a blind man, unable to figure out where I needed to go.

3. When I screwed up at the roundabout just south of the Riverbend Medical Monstrosity, I didn't get T-boned. Honked at, yes. T-boned, no. *Looks skyward with gratitude.*

No comments: