Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Three Beautiful Things 05/27/09: Not Worth a Shit, House Paint, Wiggly

1. I've been thinking all day about my dad and how much I enjoyed being out at the golf course or at the bar with him and when someone asked him how was doing, he'd always say the same thing, "Not worth a shit." It was almost never true but he always said it and I always laughed and he always made his friends laugh. "Hey, Pert, you one-eyed son of a bitch, how you doin'?" "Not worth a shit, especially since I saw your fat ass sittin' there."

2. Dean, the house painter came by and I liked his attitude, his estimate, and his plans for prepping and painting our house. Now the hard part: what color?

3. A fun thread of comments brought the ancient board game "Uncle Wiggly" to mind. I used to love playing that before I graduated to my all-time favorite: Sorry!

2 comments:

endangered coffee said...

Steve Balboni told me about this blog. By the way, if you google "fat sluggers" Kellogg Bloggin' comes up fourth.

MarmiteToasty said...

blue paint it blue, I have always wanted to live in a pale blue painted house with a porch wrapped around the front......

x