Friday, May 29, 2009

Three Beautiful Things 05/29/09: Case Closed, Coffee Relief, Bubbie's Live Culture

1. No last minute bullshit. No change of mind, no 11th hour surprises: the man who has stalked MB for at least twelve years entered a guilty plea for violating the stalking order. He is on probation for five years; the stalking order continues; if he violates it, bail is higher than before and he will have committed a felony; he must submit to psychological examination; he's banned from our college's campus; he dropped his civil suit to have the stalking order rescinded. These penalties are stiffer than usual, reflecting the gravity of the case.

2. MB, Michael, Jeff, and I had coffee this afternoon and MB let us in on what occurred at court (though she was excused from being there) and expressed her great relief that both the civil and criminal cases are finished.

3. As I sink my teeth more deeply into a probiotic diet, I gotta say, the checker at MC who raved about Bubbie's sauerkraut when she plucked it from my cart was right: it's really good and teeming with just the kind of bacteria I want my gut to be full of.

1 comment:

MGM said...

I confess, I have not been able to keep up on blogs. I am aware you've had some health issues, but not aware of the details. I hope you are feeling well again! And my last experience with sauerkraut was 11 years ago. I ended up with a the worst migraine headache I'd ever had after eating it. Never knew for sure if the sauerkraut was to blame or not, but I've not been able to bring myself to try it again ever since.

Glad your sauerkraut experience is better than mine!