Sunday, October 25, 2009

Three Beautiful Things 10/25/09: Leah/Colleen, Patrick at MC, Gull Relief

1. Have I been in touch with Colleen since Graduation Day from Whitworth? When did I last talk with Leah? I know it's been over twenty years since we last corresponded. Both of them are back in my life thanks to the wonders of the World Wide Web and Leah and are have started a wonderful email exchange and it's really wonderful knowing all that Colleen has been up to. I'm blown away.

2. I went out to the Delta Oaks Market of Choice, where Patrick works, and saw him in his uniform looking like he'd been working at MC his whole life. It was great to seem him looking comfortable and happy in his work.

3. The woman at the deli counter told me that she went outside of the store during her break and saw a ton of seagulls, and from this she said she knew is must be stormy on the coast and the gulls flew over to our neck of the woods for relief. Whether it's true or not, I enjoyed her telling of the story and it sure sounds right to me!

No comments: