Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Three Beautiful Things 07/13/10: Lake Feelings, Coma-Nap, Fried Chicken Time Warp

1. Along with the other writing retreatants, I experienced Anna’s and Terri’s and Katie’s and Wilma’s and Mercede’s feelings about things through the physical beauty of Lake Coeur d’Alene.

2. I realized after lunch that I hadn’t stopped driving, talking, laughing, playing slot machines, teaching, writing, eating, drinking, and planning since Thursday, so I dropped on my bed fell into a coma-nap, and three hours later awoke.

3. I bit into a fat fried chicken drum stick at dinner and suddenly I was in our family kitchen in Kellogg, seated around our dining table, waiting for the masked potatoes and gravy to come my way. I think the camp chicken was fried in shortening and the shortening transported me home.

No comments: