Sunday, July 25, 2010

Three Beautiful Things 07/24/10: Lupus, Bach Drug Bust, Strong Battery

1. My response to the hot weather? The Shield. Season 7. The last season. All afternoon and into the evening. The lasting image? Claudette confessing to Dutch that medicine is impotent to treat her lupus in a moment charged with emotion, void of sentimentality.

2. I kept my XM Satellite Radio tuned to the Symphony Hall channel while watching The Shield on my computer, listening with earbuds. Several times, the classical music pouring out from radio provided a serendipitously apt soundtrack for what was happening on The Shield. Sometimes it was ironic: I.C.E. swooped in and violently broke up a drug kingpin summit to Bach's Brandenburg Concerto No. 2.

3. After The Shield, I went to Albertson's. I left my headlights on. I returned to my car. It started.

No comments: