Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Three Beautiful Things 07/27/10: 1970 Vikings, Hard Candy Talk, The Commish

1. Okay. It was an odd thing to do. Nevertheless, I went to the Coeur d'Alene High School class of 1970 Facebook page and looked at all the pictures posted from their recent forty year reunion and at pictures posted of class get togethers, past reunions, even of elementary school class pictures. I played ball against a lot of guys in that class. I knew others from Boy Scouts. Some were still at NIC when I went there. A few once lived in Kellogg and moved to Coeur d'Alene when we were kids. Others are people I've come to know at Huckleberries Online and through Facebook and this blog. I guess, too, I enjoy photos of North Idaho people enjoying each other and it looked to me like the Class of 1970 from Coeur d'Alene High School enjoy each other. I liked that.

2. Throughout the day, Facebook friends commented on Hard Candy, inspiring my thoughts and leading to some good conversation. I have a little more to say about this movie in a blog post coming up.

3. I watched the first two episodes of The Commish. I wanted to see the pre-Vic Mackey Michael Chiklis act. In Tony Scali and Vic Mackey, Chiklis brings two different law enforcement officers to life. Scali can be unorthodox, bend the rules, and even be menacing at times, but it's within the framework of being good natured, understanding. He's Ward Cleaver at home with his wife and son, and he brings a lot of who he is as a father and husband into his work as a police commissioner. It's fun to see the range of human character Chiklis brings to life in these two roles. I don't know how much more I'll watch of The Commish, but if I need a break from all the edgy cable television programming of the 21st century, I'll go back to the early 1990's and enjoy some episodes of the much tamer program, The Commish.

No comments: