Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Three Beautiful Things 08/02/10: Chicken and Waffles, Sassy Service, Packing Shirts

1. Russell and I went to Momma's Kitchen for lunch in Springfield, but it was closed on Monday's. We enjoyed perusing the posted menu, all the same, and Russell noted the chicken and waffles and reminisced about ordering a gargantuan plate of the same in a Portland soul food restaurant. That such an entree even existed was news to me.

2. Russell and I decided to try the Hole in the Wall BBQ spot on Olympic St. in Springfield. While I found the hamburger ordinary, I loved the lemonade and, most of all, the sassy service our server provided: she was funny, mouthy, friendly, and skilled. She made the meal fun.

3. I simply like it when things go easy. Packing for my trip to Idaho went really easy, especially getting my shirts together. I followed cousin Lura's advice and packed shirts with pockets so I could easily carry my new pocket camera during the reunion.

No comments: