Saturday, January 22, 2011

Three Beautiful Things 01/18/11: Here's What You'll Learn Today!, Rump Roast Bliss, Adrienne and Jack!

1.  From a few of my WR 121 students I've been hearing the complaint that they didn't learn anything from their previous writing teachers.  Starting today, I started spelling out for my students exactly what I think they should learn during the class period.  I hope it worked today as I spelled out what I wanted to have happen in the papers they brought to class and as they went to work revising them.

2.  Following the directions in America's Test Kitchen Family Cookbook, I slowly cooked a rump roast in the oven with potatoes and onions and the result was stunning:  the roast was juicy, cooked medium rare, the way I love it, and the simple seasoning (salt, pepper, garlic powder) worked perfectly.  The onions and potatoes came out beautifully.  It was a simple meal and one of the best I've ever prepared, one of the best I've ever eaten.

3.  Adrienne and Jack arrived from New York!

No comments: